Ayato Hyoudou is the main male protagonist of High School DxD: Artificiality. He is a artificial Human/Devil hybrid created by Ajuka Beelzebub, Shemhazai, and Kurenai Himejima in a attempt to revive Issei Hyoudou after his death at the hands of 666 (Trihexa), and is one of the Five Honests, which are five clones of Issei that displayed exceptional growth and power, with them being able to use Issei's four signature moves, Dragon Shot, Dress Break, Pailingual, and Nyuutron Beam Cannon.
He is a third-year high school student at Kuoh Academy in Class 3-D and a member of the Occult Research Club, and is the Queen of Victini Gremory's peerage.
He is the current wielder of the Longinus Boosted Gear, which houses the spirit of the Welsh Dragon Ddraig, and the Holy-Demonic Brynhildr.
Ayato is a high school student of average height, about the size of his gene progenitor, Issei Hyoudou. He has unkempt brown hair jutting in all directions, and sharp, light green eyes. After spending 24 hours (close to a 3 months from his perspective), in the Gehenna Barrier with Galahad and Tannin in Volume 5, his hair becomes a bit longer and more unkempt and he is now a bit taller.
While he has worn various outfits throughout the series, Ayato's most commonly worn outfit is the Kuoh Academy boys' school uniform, which consists of a black blazer white accents over a white, long-sleeved dress shirt with black highlights with a black ribbon on the collar, matching black pants, and brown dress shoes. However, Ayato's uniform differs in the fact that his blazer has shorter sleeves.
Ayato's height is 172 cm (5 feet 9 inches) and body weight is 62 kg (137 lbs.).
Ayato was artificially created as a Human and Devil hybrid by Kurenai Himejima, Ajuka Beelzebub and Shemhazai by using the genes of Issei Hyoudou after his death at the hands of 666 (Trihexa) in a joined project between Devils, Fallen Angels, and other mythologies called, the 'Hyoudou Project'.
However, unlike other hybrids created by the Hyoudou Project, Ayato was created during a sub-project called the 'Red Children', which was said to be an alternate to the Hyoudou Project as instead of creating test-tub babies, there were seven artificial children fetuses created then were transferred to seven different beings.
Growing up, Ayato would grow at a exceptional along side his older siblings, Kazuto and Glacies Hyoudou, and 2 other clones of Issei and would become to be know as the Five Honests due to their ability to use Issei's signature moves, Dragon Shot, Dress Break, Pailingual, and Nyuutron Beam Cannon. Later on, Kazuto and Glacies would be given the Artificial Longinus Draco Rage (Kazuto), and Absoluto Dawn (Glacies), and Ayato given the Holy-Demonic sword Brynhildr.
The New Red Dragon Emperor Arc Edit
Hellsalem Arc Edit
The Oppai Eater a Child of the Oppai Dragon Arc Edit
Oppai Eater and the Revelation's Commandments Arc Edit
The Artificial Red Dragon Oppai Eater X The Female White Dragon Queer One: The Oddest Heavenly Dragon(s) to Seek Domination and Supremacy Arc Edit
Powers & Abilities Edit
Immense Demonic Power: Ayato possesses all the powers and abilities common to Devils, including the power to cast spells. Ayato's possesses immense demonic power, even for a hybrid child of Issei Hyoudou with it being increased thanks to his Queen Piece. His demonic power is proven as he is able to use three of Issei's signature moves, and even create three new moves called Orgasim Itonia, and Dress Teleport.
- Orgasim Itonia (オルガシムイトニア, Orugashimu Itonia): One of Ayato's signature moves which he uses against females. To use this Ayato must come into physical contact with a opponent. After any form contact a pink magic circle appears on their back, and after a few seconds the opponent feels immense pleasure that drives them into a frenzy, and can only go out of the frenzy when either, Ayato removes the magic circle or if the opponent sircums to the pleasure and "release" (i'm sorry).
- Dragon Shot (ドラゴンショット, Doragon Shotto): One of Issei Hyoudou's signature moves. Ayato fires a beam of energy by concentrating his magical powers. This move is usually used in tandem with the Boosted Gear to increase its destructive powers.
Dress Breaker (ドレスブレーカ, Doresu Burēka): The second of Issei Hyoudou's signature moves which both he and Ayato uses mainly against females. This move allows the user to "strip" women by first coming in contact with them, concentrating their demonic power, then snapping their fingers to activate one of two effects.
- Dress Teleport (ドレステレポート, Doresu Terepōto): A variant of Dress Break created by Ayato. Ayato states that its the opposite of Dress Breaker, were instead of "stripping" women it instead removes them from the clothes.
- Bodily Dress: This move is used to "strip" women by destroying their clothes and/or armor.
- Astral Dress: This move is used to "strip" women by destroying the effects of spells or abilities that have been used against them.
- Pai-Phone: A variant of Issei Hyoudou's third signature move, Pailingual. Using women's breasts Ayato is able to communicate through breasts to other women's breasts.
Master Swordsman: Ayato is an immensely skilled sword fighter, with him having the title of "The Hyoudou Sword Prodigy", during his time at the Hyoudou Project. Even when he was young, Ayato was a genius at swordplay, and could even give experienced swordsmen like Yuuto Kiba and Xenovia Quarta hard times. He easily erased Airi's Magic and Rota's barriers when the three engaged in battle, and he fought Seren, the person who currently wields True Longinus to a stand-still. In Volume 9 he showed enough skill to perform Souji Okita's Tennen Rishin-Ryu techniques. In Volume 11, after his training with Galahad, Ayato's ability has improved to the point of outclassing Ex Gremory.
Queen Piece: As a Queen, Ayato possesses the traits of a Knight, a Rook and a Bishop with them all being increased due to his piece being an Mutation Piece.
- Magic Talent: Due to the Bishop trait of his Queen piece, Ayato possesses immense magic talent though it is not used often.
- Enhanced Strength and Defense: Due to the Rook trait of his Queen piece, Ayato possesses enhanced strength and defense. He can use this strength to lift heavy objects with ease and use them as projectiles and slice through hard materials such as metal and stone with ease. With his defense, he can survive Lernaean Venom and being stabbed in his arm. Ayato's strength and defense can be increased with Boosted Gear or Brynhildr's armor
- Enhanced Speed: Due to the Knight trait of his Queen piece, Ayato possesses superhuman speed. Having trained and developed his speed as the core of his technique-type fighting style, it has reached a level that people has dubbed God-Speed. Ayato's strength and defense can be increased with Boosted Gear.
Master Hand-to-hand Combatant.
Dragonification: After sacrificing his left arm, and having it transformed into that of a dragon's in Volume 5, Ayato's left arm was immune to damage taken from touching Holy objects. In Volume 14, due to his new body being made from the Great Red's flesh Ayato can now freely turn any part of his body into that of a Dragon, by concentrating his thoughts on the specified body part. However, after him sircumming to his uncontrolled "true" Dragonification in Volume 17, Ayato lost this ability to exchange for the ability to transform into a actual Dragon.
- Dragon Form: After sircumming to his uncontrolled "true" Dragonification in Volume 17, Ayato gained the ability to transform into a giant dragon with brown hair and red scales that Albion has stated, "resembles Ddraig's original form". In this form Ayato can fly using his dragon wings (obviously), and can use Ddraig's flames and Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames, and Seiryuu's lightning.
- Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames: One of Ddraig's original ability. Ayato releases a powerful breath of fire which can incinerate anything, flames that never go out once ignited as they continue to burn even after being reduced to ashes and can probably burn the soul until nothing remains. The only existences known to be immune to these flames are Albion, Wagyl, Ophis, and Great Red. Its area of effect can cover an entire island.
Naginatajutsu Master: Though not originally skilled in this technique, after forming a contract with Seiryuu, Ayato began to train under Tsubaki Shinra to learn Naginatajutsu.
Flight: Ayato can fly using his Devil or Dragon wings. In his dragon form, Ayato can fly using his wings.
Boosted Gear (赤龍帝の籠手 (ブーステッド･ギア), Būsuteddo Gia): Ayato's Sacred Gear and primary weapon. As one of the 13 Longinus It is said to have the power to kill a God when fully mastered. It holds the spirit of the Welsh Dragon, the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig, one of the Heavenly Dragons. The Boosted Gear takes the form of a red gauntlet on the wielder's left hand that has the ability to Boost the user's power every 10 seconds without limit, a sub-ability Transfer, that can transfer the multiplied power to a being or object, it can even be focused on certain parts of the user's body such as the eyes for enhanced vision, and the ability Penetrate, to bypass any defensive abilities that would otherwise prevent his attacks from landing, however, it does not negate the deactivation of Balance Breaker. Penetrate's effects can also be channeled through any part of the body, such as the eyes, making it capable of seeing through anything, even women's clothing.
- Incursio Scale Mail (銀侵略赤龍帝の鎧 (インクルシオ・スケイルメイル), Inkurushio Sukeiru Meiru): Ayato's sub-species Balance Breaker of Boosted Gear's initial Balance Breaker. It creates a Silver Dragon Armor around Ayato and increases his strength, speed and defense. Also from this point, Ayato can Boost without the 10-second limit.
- Welsh Berolina Sonic Buster (星猛烈な意志の赤龍 (ウェールズベロリーナソニックバスター), Werushu Berorīna Sonikku Basutā):
- Chevalier Caesar Andernach Drive (赤龍皇帝の戴冠式千冠 (シュヴァリエシーザーアンダーナッハドライブ), Shebarī Shīzā Andānahha Doraibu): By specifically channeling Shelia's aura, and thus her position as a King, Ayato can channel the rest of his peerage into his Queen Piece, and reach a form that combines all of traits of the Evil Pieces and change the color of his armor into an deep neon Crimson, with dark blue accents. In this form, Ayato has all the special abilities inherited from the other transformations, while eliminating a good part of it's weaknesses, much more like Issei Hyoudou's Cardinal Crimson Promotion. The form also has access to the Longinus Smasher, the Dividing Wyvern Fairies, and the ability to summon Ddraig (though the Ddraig summoning is only used as a last resort, as it quickly drains Ayato's power). In order to enter this state, Ayato recites the following chant:
- I, who shall awaken
- Am the Oddest Red Dragon Emperor who laughs at Domination, and writes my own Principals of Hyoudou
- I shall walk my own road of Oppai by having unbreakable hopes, dream and the shining Will of the Oppai Dragon
- I shall become the Red Dragon Emperor that rules the Utopia of the Oppai Eater
- And I promise you all! I shall show you the future and beyond, which bathes in a deep freezing light of crimson!
Brynhildr (ブリンヒルド, Burinhirudo):